Soham Ayur Yoga Ashram is a traditional Yoga and Ayurveda ashram located far from the city and in between the midst of nature, where the students will be living in a traditional, and disciplined Gurukul environment. Soham Ayur Yoga Ashram delivers classical Hatha Yoga and Astanga Yoga in its full depth and dimension. It is Yogi Sri Soham’s vision to offer this ancient science in a traditional way and make it available to every individual. This 12 weeks Intensive Yoga Teacher Course “Living Yogi” is taught as a living experience in the beautiful Ashram where you will establish a firm discipline that stimulates physical, emotional, mental and spiritual growth.
Living Yogi – 3 Months Residential Intensive Yoga Teacher Training Course
The courses are designed in the most comprehensive and unique way, empowering you to stand apart as an inspired and authentic yoga teacher. The curriculum does not include just the teachings of asana, but the complete experience of yogic way of living. Upon successful completion of the program, the trainees are certified (720 hours) by Soham Ashram to teach Hatha and Astanga yoga and will receive post-training support. The path of yoga in Soham Ashram is steeped in tradition; and has been evolving and cultivating a spiritual awareness and mindfulness practices among spiritual aspirants for many years now. Only the serious Yoga Sadhakas come here to experience the life with wisdom and not to escape.
Duration: Three month Residential Course
Dates– Due to Covid restrictions, dates are not schedule until further notice from Govt of India
Location: International Soham Ayur Yoga Ashram, Bangalore Outskirts, Aladhakate Village
- You will be learning and practicing systems of Hatha Yoga and Astanga Yoga (basic, intermediate and advance syllabus).
- You will be initiated and trained in series of Soham Sadhana (Sound of Silence) which are designed by Yogi Sri Soham.
- Following Yogic and Ayurveda Dinacharya.
- Living together as yoga community, creating a rich multicultural experience and broad network of colleagues.
- Intensive sessions on Bhagavath Geetha, Yoga Sutra and Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
- Be trained directly by Yogi Sri Soham and also by highly qualified and inspiring teachers who are directly trained and guided by Sri Soham.
- Participate in a variety of sessions, celebrations, events and special occasions at the Ashram, including:-
- Yoga Philosophy
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga Therapy
- Avarthan Dhyana (Cyclic meditation) according to Manduka Upanishad
- Daily Agni Hotra (Fire Rituals)
- Soham Sadhana (Sound of Silence)
- Tantra Bhairava and Bhairavi Sadhana*
- Pancha Bhoota Sadhana
- Nada Yoga
- Agni Snana (Fire bath)
- Prastara swedanam, Ashmaghana swedanam and Bhoo swedanam
- Ayurveda Therapeutical treatments*
- Weekly Langhanam
- Daily Karma yoga
- Introduction to Basic spoken Sanskrit
- Shiva Rathri Ardhana (The Great Night of Lord Shiva)
- Festivals like Holi celebration (Colour festival), folk art celebration,
- Weekly farmers market
- Daily Satsang and Bajans and many other celebrations at the Ashram.
An Internationally recognized certificate from the Soham Ayur Yoga Ashram is awarded on successful completion of the course. The diploma is entitled ‘Living Yogi”. This course is officially recognized and Registered by YCB- AYUSH Govt of India, Accredited to Shobhit University UP and Registered with Yoga Alliance (RYS 200 & RYS 300).
Karma yoga is the practice of selfless service which helps guest to feel part of the ashram. You are expected to do up to one hour of selfless service per day within ashram.
Simple satvic vegetarian food is provided freely for all students. The food menu is standardized and students will be provided with 2 meals every day. The food served is mainly fruits, vegetable, cereals, rice and nutritional diet, considering the requirements of the students who are undergoing yoga sadhana. All meals will be served in the dining hall only and students will not be allowed to eat in the rooms.
Visa and International traveling arrangements, local transport should be done by students itself, but if any assistance needed you can contact our authorized travel agent, Travel plus from Delhi. Contact us for more details. Pick up and drop facility from the airport to Soham Ayur Yoga Ashram will be arranged for the students on additional charges. For local travel needs, a Travel Desk facility will be made available at the reception.
- Free accommodation is provided for all the students.
- Dormitory is the only main accommodation available. It is simple and clean with shared bathrooms.
- Separate dormitory space for men and women.
- Couples are not allowed to share rooms during the course.
- Bathroom facilities are with cold water only.
- Two bed sheets, a pillow, pillowcases, and mosquito net are provided.
- Accommodations are subject to availability.
Overseas students – 3000 US $ *
For Indian students- 90000 Rupees *
(50% payment should be done to confirm your registration)
* Please note there will be separate exam fee for Yoga Certification Board, If Government Yoga Certificate is required for the student, This is optional only. please contact us for YCB fees details.
- If you cancel your registration before the start of the course, we will refund your original payment less an administration fee of US $500 for Overseas students and Rs.20000 for Indian students, plus bank transferring charges applicable.
- For a no show, no refund will be issued.
- No refund if students are leaving the course before the completion and they are required to return all teaching materials and uniforms.
- On receipt and approval of your online application, an online interview will be conducted. After your interview, you will be informed about your application status as soon as possible.
- The course requires personal discipline, dedication, and commitment to the process offered.
- 100% attendance in all classes is mandatory.
- Trainees are expected to follow the program schedule strictly.
- Alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs are prohibited in the Ashram premises.
- The course does not encourage personal relationships amongst trainees.
- Student should have their own health insurance for the duration of their stay at the Ashram.
- Trainees must stay in the Ashram through out the course.
- Foreign Nationals are required to bring their original passport with a valid visa for India and the visa should be valid for the full duration of the course.
- To maintain the spiritual atmosphere, we ask all Ashram guest to comply with the Ashram rules. Kindly refer to the Ashram rules and guidelines for more information.
- The Ashram reserves the right of admission and students may be asked to leave if their behavior goes against the Ashram’s rules and teachings.
What to bring:
Comfortable clothes, blanket, sandals, toiletries, personal items, meditation shawl for cool evenings, yoga mat, meditation cushion, notebooks, pens, towels and a torch. These items can usually be purchased in our ashram boutique “Soham Divine Store”. Uniforms and TTC manual are included in the course fees.
Foreign Nationals are required to bring their original passport with a valid visa for India and visa should be valid for the full duration of the course.
Registration and making donation:
- You can register online below or contact us to get registered,
- You can transfer the course fees to our Foundation bank account to confirm your registration. (please contact us for bank details)
- Do inform us through email or phone after transferring the course donation.