This Living Yogi Level 1 (200 hours) Yoga Teachers Training Course is Registered by Yoga Certification Board -Ministry of AYUSH, Govt of India, Registered with Yoga Alliance USA, Accredited by Shobhit University UP and Affiliated to Soham Yoga University USA.
Living Yogi Level 1 (200 Hours) – 1 month Residential Yoga Teacher Training Course
(Important note- Soham Ayur Yoga ashram is a traditional ashram and not a luxury holiday resort, It is located far from the city and in between the midst of nature, you will be living in a very simple and disciplined life style with basic needs. People come here to experience the real way of yogic life, to experience the life and not to escape the life. If you still interested please go through the entire rules and regulation before registering)
One-month Residential Course
(Every year) April 20 to May 20
International Soham Ayur Yoga Ashram, Bangalore Outskirts, Aladhakate Village
- Yoga and Ayurveda Dinacharya
- History and Development of Yoga
- Introduction to Different Styles of Yoga
- Introduction to Classical Yoga texts
- Philosophy, Lifestyle, Ethics and Principles of Yogic Practice
- Gurukul & Guru Shishya Parampara
- Contributions of Popular Yoga Gurus
- Concept of Chakras
- Shat Kriya
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Concept of Yogic diet and Fasting
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Techniques, Training and Practice
- (Bandhas, Drishtis, Mudra Yoga, Pranayama, Dharana and Dhyana, Sukshma Vyayama, Sthula Vyayama, Suryanamaskara, Chandranamaskara, Classical Hatha Yoga Asanas, Ashtanga Vinyasa primary series, Art of Teaching Methodolpgy, Basic Roles and Responsibilities of Yoga Teacher, Sequencing, Safety first, Preparatory and Counter poses, Hands on Adjustment and Alignment, Difference between Yoga and other Physical practices, First Aid Training, Fire Safety Training
- Garbha Sanskara, Prenatal Yoga
- Yoga for Kids
- Yoga for Senior Citizen
- Yoga Therapy
- Yoga Lesson Plan
- Yoga as Career/Yoga Entrepreneur
An internationally recognized certificate from the Soham Ayur Yoga Ashram is awarded on successful completion of the course. The diploma is entitled ‘Living Yogi- Yoga Sadhak’ for Level 1. This course is officially Registered by YCB- AYUSH Govt of India, Accredited to Shobhit University UP and Registered with Yoga Alliance (RYS 200 & RYS 300).
05.00 am Wake up bell
05.30 am Sunrise meditation/Silent walk meditation*
06.30 am Agni Hotra/Satsang/Chanting
08.00 am Asana Class (Theory & Practical) *
10.00 am Brunch
11.00 am Anatomy/Ayurveda/ Yoga Philosophy/Yoga Sutra Bhagavad Gita class*
12.30 pm Karma Yoga
01.30 pm Rest time
03.30 pm Tea Break
04.00 pm Asana class (Theory & Practical) *
06.00 pm Agni Hotra/Sunset meditation/Satsang/Chanting*
07.00 pm Dinner
09.00 pm Bed time bell
* Uniform required
(Please note that time table and activities may change without prior notice, Extra sessions like Kalari Yoga, Movements, Flexibility, Strengtheing, CPR and First aid workshops are included in the course syllabus and will be conducted by invited guest masters)
Karma yoga is the practice of selfless service which helps guests to feel part of the ashram. You are expected to do up to one hour of selfless service per day within ashram.
Simple satvic vegetarian food is provided freely for all students. The food menu is standardized and students will be provided with 2 meals every day. The food served is mainly fruits, vegetable, cereals rice and nutritional keeping in mind the requirements of the students yoga sadhana. All meals will be served in the Dining Hall only and students will not be allowed to eat in the rooms.
Visa and International traveling arrangements, local transport should be done by students itself, but if you needed any assistance our authorized travel agent Travel plus from Delhi will be available for your service. Contact us for more details. Pick up and drop facility from the airport to Soham Ayur Yoga Ashram will be arranged for the students on additional charges. For local travel needs, a Travel desk facility will be made available at the reception.
- Free Accommodation is provided for all students.
- Dormitory is the only main accommodation available. It is simple and clean with shared bathrooms. Separate dormitory space for men and ladies.
- Couples are not allowed to share rooms during the course.
- Bathroom facilities are with cold water only.
- Two sheets, a pillow, pillowcases, and mosquito net are provided.
- Accommodations are subject to availability.
Overseas students – 1700 US $ *
For Indian students- 65000 Rupees *
(50% payment should be done to confirm your registration)
* Please note there will be separate exam fee for Yoga Certification Board (Rupees 2000 for Indians and 100 $ for oversea students), If Government Yoga Certificate is required for the student, This is optional only. please contact us for YCB fees details.
- If you cancel your registration before the start of the course, we will refund your original payment less an administration fee of US $300 for Overseas student and Rs.10000 for Indian students.
- We understand the importance of your time and resources, so we advise you to please book after careful assessment.
- If you wish to cancel your current course date, you may transfer your booking fee to another course within a year of the application date. Before your transfer is processed, you must reconfirm the available date with us. This is allowed one time per person, multiple transfers are not permitted. This must be done at least 14 days before the start date of your course.
- Your course registration could ONLY be transferred to another available date after paying full course fees in advance, this will be allowed only once.
- To avoid any complications, we highly recommend you to please pay the amount due on or before the first day of the course in USD, Euros or Rupees in cash or bank transfer. We do not accept any traveller cheque, debit or credit card payments at this time.
- In case of a cancellation performed by Soham Ayur Yoga Ashram, due to any unavoidable circumstances, full fees or booking amount will be refunded to the student without any charges. It does not apply to cancellations done due to misconduct or unlawful activity performed by a student during a course.
- Soham Ayur Yoga Ashram holds all rights to refuse or cancel admission without explanation in case of a serious misconduct or unlawful activity by any student on or off the premises.
- During an unavoidable and natural pandemic situation, if any restrictions or lockdown is applied by the government of India, course dates will be postponed and students shall be informed of new dates. If you have already registered for the course, booking fees will not be refunded.
- Dates and donations are subject to change without notice.
- To maintain the spiritual atmosphere, we ask all ashram guests to comply with the ashram rules.
- Kindly refer to the Ashram rules and guidelines for more information.
- The ashram reserves the right of admission and students may be asked to leave if their behavior goes against the ashrams rules and teachings.
What to bring:
Comfortable clothes, blanket, sandals, toiletries, personal items, meditation shawl for cool evenings, yoga mat, meditation cushion, notebooks, pens, towels and a torch. These items can usually be purchased in our ashram boutique “Soham Divine Store”. Uniforms and a TTC Manual are included in the course donation.
Foreign Nationals are required to bring their original passport with a valid visa for India and visa should be valid for the full duration of the course.
Registration and making donation:
You can register online below or contact us to register, or you can also transfer the course donation to our Foundation bank account to confirm your registration (please contact us for bank details) and please do inform us through email or phone after transferring the course donation.