This Course is Accredited by NSDC Govt of India, Registered with Yoga Alliance USA, Registered under YCB-AYUSH Govt of India, Accredited by Shobhit University UP and Affiliated to Soham Yoga University USA.
200 Hours – 1 month Residential Yoga Teacher Training Course
(Important note- Soham Ayur Yoga ashram is a traditional ashram and not a luxury holiday resort, It is located far from the city and in between the midst of nature, you will be living in a very simple and disciplined life style with basic needs. People come here to experience the real way of yogic life, to experience the life and not to escape the life. If you still interested please go through the entire rules and regulation before registering)
One-month Residential Course
- March 1 to April 1 – 2021 (Canceled due to Covid Restrictions)
- August 20 to September 20 – 2021 (Admissions are open)
International Soham Ayur Yoga Ashram, Bangalore Outskirts, Aladhakate Village
- Yogic and Ayurveda Dinacharya
- History and Development of Yoga- Definition of Yoga, Philosophy of Yoga, Principles of Yoga, Aim of Yoga, History of Yoga, Evolution of Yoga, Paths of Yoga- Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga, Raja Yoga, Navavidha Bhakti (The nine limbs of devotion), Patanjali Astanga- Yama, Niyama, Asanas, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi, Introduction to Hatha Yoga and Classical Hatha Yoga Texts, Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Hatha Yoga Pradipika , Bhagavathgeetha
- Philosophy, Lifestyle, Ethics and Principles of Yogic Practice- Meaning of Om, Brahma and Brahman, Gurukul (Education system in Ancient India) , Karma Siddhantha (The Doctrine of Karma), Samsara (Cycle of Birth and Death), Avatar (Reincarnation), Moksha (Liberation), Sthitha Prajna (Steady and one pointed mind), Purushartha (The purpose of Life), Four Ashrams (Four stages of Life), Pancha, Maha Bootha (Five Elements), Pancha Prana (Five Vital forces), Pancha Koshas(Five Body Sheath), Tri Gunas (The Three Qualities), Maya (Illusion), Ahamkara (Ego), Vidya and Avidya (Wisdom and Ignorance), Veda (Scriptures of wisdom, knowledge or vision), Types of Vedas, Upavedas (Sub Vedas), Concept of Chakras.
- Guru Shishya Parampara (Concept of Teacher and Lineage)- Contribution of different Yoga Gurus
- Anatomy & Physiology- Systems of the human body, their meaning and functions, Nervous, Skeletal and Muscular systems and their co-relations in context of yoga practice, Respiratory system in the context of yoga, Bones, Muscles, Joints, Spine structure and mobility, Joint Actions , Planes of motion, Types of muscular contractions, The key muscles of hatha yoga, analyses of muscular work in asana practice, Introduction to Ayurveda and Panchakarma
- Techniques Training & Practice- Concept of Yogic Diet and Fasting, Ayurvedic approach of Diet (Practical cooking session), Kriyas- Theory and practice, Benefits and contraindications, Jala Neti, Sutra Neti, Shanka Prakshalana (Laghu Shanka Prakshalana), Vaman Dhauti (Kunjal Kriya), Kapalabhati, Trataka, Bandhas- Theory and practice, Benefits and contraindications, Moola Bandha, Uddhiyana Bandha, Jalandhar Bandha, Maha Bandha, Drishtis- Theory & practice, Mudras- Theory and practice, Different types of Mudra, Pranayama- Prana, Pancha Prana, Pranic body function, Pranic body, Nadis, Steps of Pranayama & General Precaution about Pranayama, Abdominal/Diaphragmatic breathing, Thoracic breathing, Yogic Breathing, Nadi Shodhana, Shitali Pranayama, Shikari Pranayama, Bhramari Pranayama, Ujjayi Pranayama, Bastrika Pranayama, Kapalabhati, Dharana and Dhyana (Concentration and Meditation Techniques)- Jyothi Trataka, Silent Sitting (Vipassana), OM Meditation, Yoga Nidra, Sufi Meditations, Silent Walking in Nature, Mandala Meditation, Sculpture Meditation, Healing light Meditation, Soham Meditation (Self Enquiry), Sparsha Meditation, Guided Meditation, Benefits of Meditation
- Teaching Methodology and Practicum – Language and Communication Skill, Art of Teaching- Teacher’s qualities, intention & attitude, teaching styles, observation, giving instructions, feedback, sequencing, class management & class routine, principles of demonstration, theory and practice, how to demonstrate, how not to demonstrate, practice in groups, Tasks of Yoga Teacher, Safety- How to teach and practice Yoga without injuries, First Aid and CPR, Difference between Yoga and other Physical practices, Sukshma Vyayama, Suryanamaskara (Sun Salutation), Chandranamaskara (Moon Salutation), Hatha Yoga Poses- Meditative poses, Standing asanas, Sitting poses, Prone poses, Supine poses, Inversion, Astanga Sun Salutation A B, Astanga Primary series, Garbha Sanskar (Prenatal and Post Natal Yoga), Yoga for Kids, Yoga for Senior citizens, Chair Yoga, Going in and out of the postures, Key of the postures, Modifications for beginners and students with injuries (multi-level modifications), Alignment and adjustment by verbal, hands-on, props, partners, Art of touch- physical adjustment, rules and principles, Yoga Calligraphy, Sequencing Fundamentals- How to Plan Yoga Sequence?, Sequencing- Various schools of Yoga, Class Preparation Sheet, Self-Evaluation Sheet, Self-practice under teacher’s control (individual tips), Practice of teaching under teacher’s control, Practice of teaching in pairs, Practice of teaching in small groups, Practice of teaching in big group, Open free class for people under teacher’s control
- Yoga Therapy- Health Concerns, Yoga Therapy for Diabetes, Yoga Therapy for Obesity, Yoga Therapy for Back pain, Yoga Therapy for Thyroid, Yoga and Ayurveda tips for Beauty
- Mantra Chanting and Bhajans
- Yogic General Knowledge, Sanskrit terms
- Yoga as Career/ Yoga Entrepreneur- Yoga in the marketplace, Applying for a Yoga Job, Setting up a Yoga studio, Ethics and Marketing strategies, Public Relations / Advertising
An internationally recognized certificate from the Soham Ayur Yoga Ashram is awarded on successful completion of the course. The diploma is entitled ‘Yoga Sadhak’ for Level 1. This course is officially recognized and Affiliated by B&WSSC under NSDC (Skill Management & Accreditation of Training Centres), Registered by YCB- AYUSH Govt of India, Accredited to Shobhit University UP and Registered with Yoga Alliance (RYS 200 & RYS 300).
05.00 am Wake up bell
05.30 am Sunrise meditation/Silent walk meditation*
06.30 am Agni Hotra/Satsang/Chanting
08.00 am Asana Class (Theory & Practical) *
10.00 am Brunch
11.00 am Anatomy/Ayurveda/ Yoga Philosophy/Yoga Sutra Bhagavad Gita class*
12.30 pm Karma Yoga
01.30 pm Rest time
03.30 pm Tea Break
04.00 pm Asana class (Theory & Practical) *
06.00 pm Agni Hotra/Sunset meditation/Satsang/Chanting*
07.00 pm Dinner
09.00 pm Bed time bell
* Uniform required
(Please note that time table and activities may change without prior notice, Extra sessions like Kalari Yoga, Movements, Flexibility, Strengtheing, CPR and First aid workshops are included in the course syllabus and will be conducted by invited guest masters)
Karma yoga is the practice of selfless service which helps guests to feel part of the ashram. You are expected to do up to one hour of selfless service per day within ashram.
Simple satvic vegetarian food is provided freely for all students. The food menu is standardized and students will be provided with 2 meals every day. The food served is mainly fruits, vegetable, cereals rice and nutritional keeping in mind the requirements of the students yoga sadhana. All meals will be served in the Dining Hall only and students will not be allowed to eat in the rooms.
Visa and International traveling arrangements, local transport should be done by students itself, but if you needed any assistance our authorized travel agent Travel plus from Delhi will be available for your service. Contact us for more details. Pick up and drop facility from the airport to Soham Ayur Yoga Ashram will be arranged for the students on additional charges. For local travel needs, a Travel desk facility will be made available at the reception.
- Free Accommodation is provided for all students.
- Dormitory is the only main accommodation available. It is simple and clean with shared bathrooms. Separate dormitory space for men and ladies.
- Couples are not allowed to share rooms during the course.
- Bathroom facilities are with cold water only.
- Two sheets, a pillow, pillowcases, and mosquito net are provided.
- Accommodations are subject to availability.
Overseas students – 1500 US $ *
For Indian students- 45000 Rupees *
(50% payment should be done to confirm your registration)
* Please note there will be separate exam fee for Yoga Certification Board, If Government Yoga Certificate is required for the student, This is optional only. please contact us for YCB fees details.
- If you cancel your registration before the start of the course, we will refund your original payment less an administration fee of US $300 for Overseas student and Rs.10000 for Indian students.
- For a no show, no refund will be issued.
- Students leaving the course before completion are required to return all teaching materials and uniforms.
- Dates and donations are subject to change without notice.
- To maintain the spiritual atmosphere, we ask all ashram guests to comply with the ashram rules.
- Kindly refer to the Ashram rules and guidelines for more information.
- The ashram reserves the right of admission and students may be asked to leave if their behavior goes against the ashrams rules and teachings.
What to bring:
Comfortable clothes, blanket, sandals, toiletries, personal items, meditation shawl for cool evenings, yoga mat, meditation cushion, notebooks, pens, towels and a torch. These items can usually be purchased in our ashram boutique “Soham Divine Store”. Uniforms and a TTC Manual are included in the course donation.
Foreign Nationals are required to bring their original passport with a valid visa for India and visa should be valid for the full duration of the course.
Registration and making donation:
You can register online below or contact us to register, or you can also transfer the course donation to our Foundation bank account to confirm your registration (please contact us for bank details) and please do inform us through email or phone after transferring the course donation.